The Arizona Copper Company was a mining company of Edinburgh, Scotland, operating in the Clifton- Morenci area of Arizona from 1882-1921. The company was sold to Phelps Dodge Corporation in 1921. Collection includes business records of the company pertaining to administration of its copper mines. Records include financial journals, ledgers, cost statements; payroll records, including accident reports and industrial compensation; production and sales records and inventories. Also included are records of the Arizona and New Mexico Railway Company; Clifton Hospital; and Metcalf Hospital; which were owned by the company.
1882 to 1922