University of Arizona

Student Records of the Army School for Special Training, 1918, July to August

Courses in mechanics were conducted under the supervision of Dean G. M. Butler, College of Mines and Engineering, in contract with the United States government to provide specialized training to 200 mechanics between July and August 1918. Members of the program were known as the "Fighting Mechanics." In September 1918, the program was expanded to become the Student's Army Training Corps.

Typescript and holograph on printed forms: instructor's weekly reports, enrollment blanks, and report cards.