University of Arizona

History of Science

Search results

  1. Annual Reports of the Experiment Station

    Typescript (original and carbon) with photographs. Included materials:  Photographs Manuscript Subject Area:  Agriculture History of Science Collection Area:  University of Arizona 1916 to 1924 Number:  AZ 447 ...

    castanoe - 2013-01-08 19:42

  2. The Desert Laboratory of the Carnegie Institution of Washington: History and Achievements

    William Grovenor McGinnies was an arid lands ecologist, educator; University of Arizona Assistant Professor, 1927-1929, Associate Professor, 1930-1932, Acting Head of the Botany Department, 1932-1935, Director of Lab Tree Research, 1960-1964, Director of ...

    castanoe - 2013-04-15 10:42

  3. University of Arizona Agricultural Experiment Station records

    The national Agricultural Experiment Station System was created in 1887 to promote and conduct agricultural research at land-grant institutions around the country. The research arm of the College of Agriculture, the Arizona Agricultural Experiment Station ...

    castanoe - 2014-03-10 15:23

  4. University of Arizona Agricultural Experiment Station Records

      Establishment of the University of Arizona and the Agricultural Experiment Station were interrelated. Frank A. Gulley was appointed Dean of the first School of Agriculture in 1890. Before the opening of the University in Fall 1891, Gulley selected facul ...

    castanoe - 2014-07-14 14:47

  5. Maps of Farms of the Sulphur Springs Valley, Arizona

    Plant disease survey of irrigated farms, conducted by the Plant Pathology Department of The University of Arizona College of Agriculture. Collection contains colored original maps with some accompanying text. Included materials: Maps Manuscript Subject Ar ...

    castanoe - 2014-10-10 09:35

  6. Records of the Desert Botanical Laboratory of the Carnegie Institution

      The Desert Botanical Laboratory of the Carnegie Institution was established by Volney M. Spaulding and William A. Cannon at Tumamoc Hill, Tucson, Arizona, in 1903. It was sold to the U.S. Forest Service in 1940, and later to the University of Arizona in ...

    castanoe - 2014-10-21 09:11