Carl E. Paulsen was a covered bridge enthusiast from New York state. The collection contains one of three extant copies of a seven-page typescript report. It describes the covered bridge at French's Mill, NY, which was built in 1866. There are also eight mounted and labeled photographs depicting different views and construction aspects of the bridge, both before and after the roof and side covering was removed. Blueprints drawn by Paulsen, letters, and a newspaper clipping are located in a back pocket.