The San Rafael Cattle Company was a ranching and cattle operation that ran from 1882 to 1893 in Pima County, AZ. The company was run by Colin Cameron and several investors from the eastern United States including his brother, Brewster Cameron. Notably, they were the first to introduce Hereford cattle to Arizona.
The collection contains correspondence, legal papers, financial records, reports, newspaper clippings, and other papers relating to the operation of the company. Includes letters relating to the appointment of Lewis Wolfley as Territorial Governor of Arizona along with financial estate papers of the Fulford family of Maryland. Legal materials relate to challenges with the San Rafael de la Zanja land grant from 1885-1895. The collection also contains lists of stockholders, livestock branding, and pedigree records. Correspondents include Colin and Brewster Cameron, Alexander Fulford, and other members of the company.